Geosyntec Consultants is looking for an exceptional Senior-Level Engineer or Scientist - Environmental Practice Leader for a leadership role in Greater Vancouver, BC. The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of experience and the ability to build and lead a practice focused on groundwater/soil characterization and remediation, sediment investigation/remediation, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering, landfill engineering, or water resources. Are you looking for a new home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you!
Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s sell-manage-do culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. You’ll be asked to take on business and client development and project management responsibilities, along with group leadership, staff management, recruiting, and mentoring tasks.
These are some of the key technical responsibilities for this position:
- Building, leading and growing a practice in one of the following areas: groundwater/soil characterization and remediation, marine/freshwater sediment investigation/remediation, geotechnical engineering, landfill engineering, or water resources;
- Identifying and developing successful client relationships and new business development opportunities with public and private clients on local, regional or national basis;
- Overseeing and managing projects and coordinating with other practices and/or offices to facilitate project delivery; and
- Managing and mentoring staff and managing subcontractors.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- BSc or B.ASc degree in one or more of the following: environmental, civil, geotechnical engineering, geology or hydrogeology. (required)
- Advanced degree in the same. (preferred)
- Current certifications, registrations, or licenses appropriate to the candidate’s professional background. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 15 years of experience in environmental consulting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Current WorkSafeBC training or equivalent. (preferred)
- Proven track record in business development and project management experience. (required)
- Proven track record with building, growing and leading a practice and group. (required)
- Proven track record with recruiting, developing and mentoring staff. (required)
- Project management certification, business development training, and leadership training. (preferred)
- Work experience with oil & gas sector, manufacturing industries, mining industries, governments (all levels), utilities, and waste sector. (preferred)
- Litigation support experience. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Valid Canada driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package.
Geosyntec offers excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive employee benefits package.
REQ NO: ENVIR02436