Geosyntec is growing in Canada and we are seeking a Geoscientist or Environmental Engineer to support our environmental due diligence and brownfield redevelopment practices from either one of our Ontario offices located in Ottawa, Waterloo, Guelph, or Toronto. We are seeking a motivated individual with a passion for environmental site assessments, environmental compliance audits, and a strong background in conducting Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply practical experience to our diverse range of environmental projects, and to identify and develop solutions for our clients, while also expanding the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Conducting Phase I and II ESAs;
- Environmental Compliance Auditing;
- Fieldwork such as soil and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight;
- Technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals; and
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture, as you kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 80%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, earth science, or environmental engineering. (required)
- Professional Geoscientist/Professional Engineer designation, or eligible for registration as a Geoscientist in Training (GIT)/ Engineer in Training (EIT) as soon as eligible. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- An outstanding track record and technical leadership in conducting Phase I ESAs in Ontario. (required)
- Experience with environmental due diligence work in other Canadian jurisdictions, and internationally. (preferred)
- Strong understanding of Ontario Regulation 153/04, as amended and the assessments used to prepare Record of Site Condition (RSC) filings. (required)
- Experience working on demanding, sophisticated, and legally sensitive projects. (preferred)
- Valid Canadian driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
Geosyntec offers excellent compensation packages commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive employee benefits package.
REQ NO: GEOSC02449