Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! Geosyntec is currently seeking an Air Quality and Carbon Management Consultant in Houston, Austin, TX or Baton Rouge, LA to consult on some of our client’s most urgent Sustainability and Compliance matters and help us grow our South Region Air Quality and Carbon Management Practices. This person will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic, and lead business development and technical efforts focused on providing strategic solutions to our clients’ most complex problems. This position will collaborate with the Energy Transition and Sustainability teams and will support the development and implementation of new strategies to expand Geosyntec’s team, reputation and market share within the Air Quality and Carbon Management business.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the civil infrastructure, natural resources, and the environment. Ranked by ENR in the top 50 design firms. Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business development, project management and technical lead for air quality and carbon management projects concerning evolving air quality and greenhouse gas regulations and voluntary measures.
- Provide strategic advice, emission reduction assessments, emissions quantification and studies, carbon, and climate change programs, TCFD scenario analysis, environmental impact assessments and permitting, and compliance solutions.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at local and national events.
- Technical leader for air quality and carbon management matters, regulatory analyses as driven by the Clean Air Act, as well as state and local regulations and evolving GHG regulations and reporting programs.
- Provide guidance to clients in establishing carbon reduction targets and evaluating implementation of low carbon measures, as well as assistance in implementing solutions.
- Provide consulting services for air permitting (such as NSR, PSD, Title V, GHG, EPCRA and state-level pre-construction and operating permits), and air quality impact assessments involving dispersion modeling and health risk assessment.
- Oversee the scoping or conducting air pollution control device selection and evaluations, source emission monitoring (CEMs and PEMs), and various ambient and source emission measurements and methods.
- Assess and develop engineering solutions using applied analytical and statistical techniques.
- Assist in the development and planning of new and modified facilities, as well as providing integrated consulting, environmental, design and construction support for some of the largest projects in the U.S.
- Manage projects and staff, including providing technical leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring.
- Work closely with related teams across the Company (e.g., Environmental Permitting & Planning, Sustainability, Environmental Management Action Group, client teams, etc.) and multiple staff in other offices.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- Serve in a leadership role for the company culture and values across the organization.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemical or environmental engineering or a similar engineering discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Engineer registration. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of air quality program and project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Thorough knowledge and experience with air regulations. (required)
- Demonstrated regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits