Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can work with industry-recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! Our national air quality practice is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Mid-Career Air Quality Consultant in the Oakland or Walnut Creek area, Milwaukee, WI, or Raleigh, NC who is looking to be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience providing air quality consulting services, including permitting and compliance.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting regulatory analyses related to air quality matters as driven by the Clean Air Act as well as state and local regulations and evolving GHG regulations and reporting programs;
- Preparing air emissions inventories and emissions calculations;
- Preparing analysis to support carbon and climate change programs, environmental impact assessments, regulatory analysis and permitting, and compliance solutions;
- Conducting air quality impact analysis involving dispersion modeling and health risk assessment;
- Developing air quality permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations;
- Performing analyses related to air pollution control systems and source monitoring and measurement requirements;
- Working directly with clients delivering outstanding results, forming valued relationships and solving some of their more challenging issues; and
- Understanding client needs and developing work scopes with input from Geosyntec client managers and teams to propose approaches, solutions and resources; and working on teams to prepare competitive proposals highlighting Geosyntec capabilities and experience.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: Geosyntec will provide training in OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Occasional overnight travel and client site visits should be expected.
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- BS degree from an accredited college or university in environmental or chemical engineering or an aligned engineering discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E.) (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of consulting or industry experience in air quality permitting, compliance and air dispersion modeling; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Understanding of chemical engineering concepts such as chemical process calculations and mass transfer. (required)
- Familiarity with USEPA and state environmental regulations and understanding of air permitting process. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits