Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! As part of our continued growth and innovation we are seeking a motivated ESG & Sustainability Professional for our practice area from any of our offices. Our ideal candidate will participate and support a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ESG, Sustainability, Environmental Management, Social Responsibility, Governance, Materiality, Risk Assessment and Management Systems. The ESG & Sustainability team works with clients to help them more effectively identify, plan and account for, manage and mitigate their ESG & Sustainability risks and opportunities relevant to their business. We help to unlock business value and bolster legal, regulatory, and social licenses by ensuring clients' ESG & Sustainability performance is consistent with the expectations of capital markets, regulators, customers, employees, communities, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to do include:
- Support key team members in their business development, marketing and proposal development, project management processes within the ESG practice area, while assisting our clients with developing their knowledge and growing their expertise in this fast-paced, evolving ESG field;
- Provide support and assist in our growth for capabilities through:
- Due diligence risk-based evaluations, identification of material issues, and recommendations for improvements;
- Materiality and risk assessment processes and capability of collating all action items, documentation, administrative support for developing workshops and discussions;
- Recognized capabilities in each of the Economic, Social, Governance components of ESG and Sustainability;
- Demonstrated understanding of carbon management and climate change programs, trends analysis; and
- Providing input for key strategic documents and a variety of evaluations such as impact assessments, benchmarking, and gap analysis process as we assist clients in developing strategies relevant to their ESG and Sustainability efforts.
- Demonstrated capabilities in planning, research, and reporting to clients based upon anticipated changes and key elements that may impact their business;
- Provide support as key social team members assess, develop, and build community engagement practices and stakeholder analysis, mapping and building of comprehensive plans for clients;
- Provide support in maintaining high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, social media posts and engaging an online community, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events;
- Work closely, develop relationships, and draw upon talent, knowledge, and expertise within Geosyntec’s professional and corporate staff in other US and International offices;
- Assist in the development and transfer of knowledge and skills to other professionals across the Geosyntec platform, including opportunities in recruiting and training additional staff members as the practice continues its high-growth trajectory; and
- Serve in a leadership role as a member of the ESG practice area in developing and building upon the unique company culture, practice and encourage others to live the values, especially safety-mindset, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability across the organization.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Business, Legal, Environmental Science, Communications, or related discipline. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of relevant or transferrable experience, preferred consultancy, or client management-based experience, related to ESG & Sustainability, Communications, Legal, or Business or related degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience in key areas with both private and public companies such as client management, project management, management systems, stakeholder relations, compliance, auditing, due diligence, liaison with government and regulatory agencies or understanding of government and regulatory structures, managements systems, etc. (preferred)
- Excellent communication, oversight, and project management for complex ESG and Sustainability programs, management systems, framework design for small, medium, and large-scale projects or business enterprise wide.
- Support and assist in managing multiple marketing opportunities and proposal development for a wide variety of client types, needs and specificities. Prepare technical proposals, participate in business development with existing clients, and take actions leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products. You may be required to submit demonstrated aspects of your proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Familiar with the application of EHS management systems and ISO standards (140001, 26001, 45001) is preferred.
- Experience and financial scenario analysis with Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), physical climate risk assessments, and financial risk assessment is a plus.
- Ability to travel, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision who takes direction well from multiple leaders, prioritization skills and works efficiently through tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to support, assist and manage successfully complex projects and/or specific deliverables or phases of work on larger programs on time and in budget, including technical and financial oversight; ability to share, collaborate and build a teaming culture with others inside and outside of the firm.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Promote Geosyntec corporate culture of technical excellence, high quality deliverables, outstanding client service, and exceptional teamwork.
- Receive frequent informal feedback from project team members about your performance; incorporate feedback to achieve performance excellence.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.