Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is seeking an exceptional Experienced Environmental Management/Compliance Practitioner to join our environmental management team in the West Coast. You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals throughout the U.S. and will provide leadership and client development to help us advance our environmental, health & safety (EHS) management, compliance, and permitting practice. This position will report to our Pacific Northwest Branch, with project work primarily in California, Washington, and Oregon. As such, there is flexibility in location, including Geosyntec offices in Seattle, Portland, and throughout California with an option for remote working.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in 1983, we are employee-owned and have more than 1,300 professionals across our 80+ offices. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You will also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks.
This is a position that involves diverse project experiences. Some of the key responsibilities for this position could include developing environmental reporting, preparing environmental permit applications, auditing existing environmental, health, and/or safety compliance programs, and developing new environmental, health, and/or safety compliance programs, such as those required under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership on EHS compliance, environmental liability valuations, carbon and GHG reporting, environmental management systems, and environmental due diligence projects;
- Performing multi-media environmental and/or health & safety compliance audits and implementing follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations;
- Designing and implementing environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients;
- Developing permits, plans, and procedures for managing air, water, and waste;
- Developing multimedia permit applications, negotiating permit conditions, and helping develop strategies to comply with permit conditions;
- Supporting or managing projects involving due diligence with substantial historic research including ASTM-compliant Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments; and
- Managing litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 35%
- Overnight travel: Up to 35% (depending on employee location)
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, biology, occupational health and safety, or other applicable related degree. (required)
- Advanced degree the same. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E., P.G., CHMM, CSP). (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of experience in the environmental compliance and management industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with health & safety compliance. (preferred)
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management. (required)
- Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management and industry standards preferred (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer). (required)
- Familiarity with USEPA and local State environmental regulations (particularly California, Washington, and Oregon) and understanding of environmental permit application processes. (required)
- Experience with Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments. (preferred)
- Experience working on demanding, sophisticated, and legally-sensitive projects with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines, and travel to client facilities. (strongly preferred)
- An outstanding track record for client management and technical leadership. (preferred)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits