Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! Our national air quality practice is growing rapidly and we’re looking for an experienced Air Quality Engineer or Scientist in Blue Bell PA or Pennington, NJ, who is looking to be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic, and lead technical efforts focused on providing strategic solutions to our clients’ most complex problems.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management and technical lead for air quality projects related to air quality regulations and strategic advice, air pollution control, air modeling, emissions quantification and studies, environmental impact assessments, air permitting, and compliance solutions;
- Provide consulting services for air permitting (such as NSR, PSD, Title V, GHG, EPCRA and state-level pre-construction and operating permits), and air quality impact assessments involving dispersion modeling and health risk assessment;
- Oversee the scoping or conducting air pollution control device selection and evaluations, source emission monitoring (CEMs and PEMs), and various ambient and source emission measurements and methods;
- Conducting regulatory analyses related to air quality matters as driven by the Clean Air Act as well as state and local regulations and evolving GHG regulations and reporting programs;
- Preparing analysis to support climate change programs;
- Conduct air quality impact analysis involving dispersion modeling and health risk assessments;
- Assess and develop engineering solutions using applied analytical and statistical techniques;
- Working directly with clients delivering outstanding results, forming valued relationships and solving some of their more challenging issues
- Assist in the development and planning of new and modified facilities;
- Manage projects and staff, including providing technical leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring;
- Understanding client needs and developing work scopes with input from Geosyntec client managers and teams to propose approaches, solutions and resources; and working on teams to prepare competitive proposals highlighting Geosyntec capabilities and experience;
- Work closely with related teams across the Company (e.g., Environmental Permitting & Planning, Sustainability, client teams, etc.) and multiple staff in other offices;
- Assist in recruiting and training additional air and compliance staff.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with highly experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance your career.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Typically, approximately 10%
- Overnight travel: Typically, approximately 10%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. (required).
- Advanced degree in engineering, meteorology, or science. (preferred)
- Professional Engineering registration. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of air quality program and project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Thorough knowledge and experience with air regulations. (required)
- Demonstrated understanding of plant process operations, including manufacturing facilities, power plants, oil & gas operations, and other air emission sources. (required)
- Experience with or familiarity with air modeling. (preferred)
- Regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits