Geosyntec prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified professionals who have a diverse skill set, an advanced innovative mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service, our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure.
Our national Air Quality practice is growing rapidly and we’re looking for an experienced Air Quality Engineer in Florida, Baton Rouge, LA or Kennesaw, GA who is looking to be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of Florida-centric experience providing air quality consulting services, including permitting and compliance.
Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are some of the key technical responsibilities for this position:
- New source review (NSR) air permitting, including non-attainment NSR and Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permitting;
- Title V permitting;
- Knowledge of use of regulatory air dispersion modeling using EPA recommended models (e.g., AERMOD);
- Emission calculations, emissions inventory development, and reporting;
- Best available control technology (BACT) analyses; and
- Regulatory applicability analyses, to include state, local, and federal regulations.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: Geosyntec will provide training in OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: 10%
- Overnight travel and client site visits should be expected up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in environmental or chemical engineering or an aligned engineering discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering. (strongly preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E.) (ability to obtain within 1 year)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of consulting or industry experience in air quality permitting, compliance and air dispersion modeling; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Must have Florida-centric air quality experience (required) and southeastern air quality experience. (preferred)
- Familiarity with USEPA and state environmental regulations and understanding of air permitting and compliance process. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Proven leadership skills. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits