If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Geologist / Hydrogeologist in our environmental practice in Phoenix, Arizona, you will have the opportunity to apply your geologic skills to projects involving contaminated site assessment and remediation; construction management; environmental compliance; and forensic investigations and litigation support, while developing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Field work, site investigation and characterization, including sediment, soil, surface water, air monitoring, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight;
- Providing contamination assessment services, such as designing and implementing sampling plans, bench scale testing, and pilot test programs;
- Data analysis/visualization of site investigation data including the preparation of tables, maps, and figures using both industry-standard and cutting-edge applications;
- Monitoring and oversight of site remediation and environmental construction projects;
- Supporting fate and transport modeling, natural attenuation evaluations and risk assessment;
- Conducting remedy evaluation, cost estimating, and supporting remedial implementation;
- Preparation of written documents such as proposals, workplans and investigative reports;
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities; and
- ArcGIS experience and certification is a plus.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 80%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology or geochemistry. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology or geochemistry. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years of related experience, including observation of drilling and well installation, soil sampling, groundwater sampling, and other field techniques. (preferred)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to environmental remediation. (preferred)
- Prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (valuable)
- Technical experience in geology, geotechnical, environmental, or related disciplines. (preferred)
- Experience with construction work such as plumbing, electrical, structural, geotechnical, or mechanical tasks. (valuable)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and related software; AutoCAD and/or GIS. (preferred)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.