If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Senior Staff Environmental Engineer or Scientist in our environmental forensics and litigation support practice in Kennesaw, GA or Minneapolis, MN, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? You can expect to work on a variety of challenging projects for contaminated sites throughout the United States on behalf of municipal, commercial, and/or industrial clients. You will have the opportunity to support your clients on site investigation and remediation efforts, contaminant fingerprinting and source identification endeavors, as well as site history forensics and environmental cost allocation work at complex upland and sediment sites.
Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Analysis, interpretation, and management of environmental chemistry data using appropriate computer applications;
- Data visualization (maps, tables, and figures) for technical storytelling;
- Evaluation of historical site documents to develop an understanding of past contaminant sources in support of liability allocation;
- Chemical data analysis, including the application of advanced statistical methods for environmental forensics assessments;
- Contaminant fate and transport evaluations for conceptual site model development;
- Preparation of memoranda, presentations, technical reports, and legal reports;
- Field work for site investigation and characterization, including sediment, soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling, field surveys, contractor oversight; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities such as presentations and technical papers.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires health and safety, first aid, CPR, and other training, as well as medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our employees to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25%
Your success is our success. We encourage our employees to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or related engineering or science (e.g., geochemistry, chemical engineering). (required)
- Masters degree or PH.D in environmental engineering or related engineering or science (e.g., geochemistry, chemical engineering). (strongly desired)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) and ability to obtain professional certification (P.E. or equivalent). (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of related work experience in a related environmental field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with PFAS sampling, data analysis, and/or research. (required)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines, and travel to client facilities. (required)
- Experience working with teams of professionals and the ability to collaborate effectively with peers. (required)
- Experience working with databases, visualization tools, modeling, and/or programming software (Access, SQL, GIS, python, R, Jupyter, etc.). (preferred)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g., CERCLA) related to environmental remediation. (preferred)
- Prior research or internship experience. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits